Effective Date: 11/5/2008
Providing you satisfy the eligibility requirements below, you may use this Site to engage in online training exercises related to Microsoft products and services. You may also test your knowledge by taking quizzes online. Microsoft will give you points for successfully completing quizzes and training exercises ("Points"). You may be eligible to exchange accumulated Points for merchandise and services offered from time to time in the Rewards section ("Rewards").
1. Eligibility. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that:
a) you are a legal resident of and currently reside in the United States or Canada;
b)>you are at least 16 years old;
c)all information that you submit to Microsoft is true and accurate (including without limitation, your credit card information);
d)you are a retail sales professional currently employed by a retailer Microsoft has authorized to offer Xbox or Microsoft products and services in the United States or Canada (an "Authorized Retailer"); and
e)your employer doesn’t have a policy against your participation in the activities on this Site, nor with your exchanging Points for Rewards or entering Sweepstakes.
Some Authorized Retailers have policies permitting employees to engage in online training exercises, but forbidding employees from exchanging Points for Rewards or entering Sweepstakes. If your Authorized Retailer has such a policy, you may not exchange Points for Rewards or enter Sweepstakes at this Site.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact your employer to confirm that (a) your employer is an Authorized Retailer, and (b) your employer’s policies allow you to exchange Points for Reward or enter Sweepstakes.
Employees, affiliates, agents and independent contractors of Microsoft and the immediate family members of any of the foregoing (unless a family member is an employee of an Authorized Retailer) are not eligible to participate in the Reward Zone or any Sweepstakes we may offer at this Site. The Reward Zone and each Sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law.
You are permitted to create a single account to access program contents and receive information via your designated addresses. Microsoft will identify additional accounts as fraudulent and will prohibit your subsequent attempts to access the program and utilize the site.
2. Points You may register on the Site and participate in the Reward program by following the on-screen instructions. After completing your registration, you will have the opportunity to participate in the activities described above.
For each course you successfully complete, Microsoft will give you Points as indicated
for successfully completing a particular quiz or training exercise is subject
to change at any time without notice.
3. Reward area. You can redeem your Points at any time in the Reward area once you have accumulated the minimum number of Points specified for the Reward of your choice. Points can only be redeemed for available Rewards. Shipping, handling, program fees, applicable taxes (excluding, without limitation, federal and state income taxes) and any other amounts you will be responsible for ("Fees") will be charged to you on all Rewards, using the credit card information you provide. Microsoft cannot accommodate any other method of redemption. All Rewards transactions are considered final.
5. Privacy. Microsoft respects your desire for privacy. Click here to review the Privacy Statement. By using this Site, you are consenting to the terms of the Privacy Statement.
6. Payment. You can review all applicable fees, taxes, and costs before placing your Reward order. Any Fees associated with a Reward will be charged to the credit card you provide at the time of check-out. Your credit card will typically be charged within 48 hours as your order is being processed. You will not be charged until your order is shipped. Please be advised that the ExpertZone website cannot accept Credit Card Gift Cards, Debit Credit Cards or Pre-Paid Credit Cards as a method of payment. This is due to the fact that we use an Address Verification System which requires us to have the ability to contact the Financial Institution that issued the card to verify the billing address for security purposes. All of the above cards do not have the address verification system enabled therefore we cannot verify the address provided which results in your order being cancelled.
7. Shipping & Handling. Rewards will be shipped to the address listed in your account profile. All Fees and the availability of Rewards are subject to change by Microsoft without notice. All Rewards ordered through the Site are subject to availability and quantity and are only available for shipment in the United States and Canada.
You are solely responsible for providing Microsoft with accurate shipping information. Microsoft is not responsible for returned Rewards due to improper or inaccurate shipping details you supply. Microsoft will not reship Rewards after the original shipment was accepted at an improper, inaccurate, or outdated address.
are only accepted for items that are damaged or defective. If the Reward you
receive is damaged or defective, please contact us to request a return and
replacement. The Reward must be in its original packaging, complete with all
accompanying documents and other materials. If Microsoft receives the damaged
Reward and verifies that the product is damaged or defective, Microsoft will
send you a replacement item and reimburse you for your shipping costs relating
to your return of the damaged or defective product. If the same product is
unavailable for any reason, Microsoft in its sole discretion may offer you an
alternative Reward of equal or greater Points value.
In the event you experience delivery issue you are responsible for contacting the carrier and obtaining a claim and or case number. ExpertZone Customer Service will provide a tracking number and information, which you may use to contact the carrier. If the carrier is unable to locate the package we will determine on a case by case basis if the order can be replaced/reshipped.
9. Software Licenses. If you exchange Points for Microsoft software or win a Sweepstakes prize that is Microsoft software, you acknowledge that Microsoft software is licensed, not sold, to end users. All ownership, title and intellectual property rights in and to the software (including any associated media) and services, including any documentation or printed materials, are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO YOUR CONSENT TO ANY APPLICABLE LICENSE THAT IS DELIVERED OR INCLUDED WITH THE SOFTWARE (the "End User License"). If you do not agree to the End User License terms once you see them, you may return the item within 30 days from the date your order is delivered by contacting Microsoft here and mailing (by first class mail) the uncopied software, all documentation and printed materials and proof of purchase from Microsoft to the following address:
Attn: Retail ExpertZone
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
If you are returning a Sweepstakes prize, please note that you will not receive any substitute; there are no substitutions, transfers or assignments of Sweepstakes prizes.
11. NO WARRANTIES. Microsoft does not provide any warranties for Rewards or Sweepstakes prizes other than a warranty labeled "Limited Warranty" delivered with any item made by Microsoft (in which case that is the only warranty provided). That Limited Warranty does not include any statements made on packaging or in manuals and other documentation and you agree that those are provided, and will be accepted by you, for informational or instructional purposes only and not as warranties. Microsoft will honor all such Limited Warranties and adhere to the stated coverage period only. UNLESS YOU ARE PROVIDED SUCH A LIMITED WARRANTY, THIS SITE AND ALL REWARDS AND SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES ARE SUPPLIED AS IS, AS AVAILABLE AND WITH ALL FAULTS, to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, MICROSOFT DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE AND QUIET ENJOYMENT. If a Reward or Sweepstakes prize comes with a warranty from someone other than Microsoft, you may benefit from that warranty in accordance with its terms, but you agree that neither Microsoft nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents or contractors shall have any liability regarding that warranty.
12. Geographical & Export Restrictions. Items obtained through this Site may only be shipped to destinations in the United States or Canada. You agree that all items obtained through the Site and any accompanying documentation or technical information is subject to applicable export control laws and regulations of the United States Government. You agree not to export or re-export software or hardware, directly or indirectly, to any country not permitted by applicable United States export restrictions (see any applicable license for more details).
15. Internet. Microsoft is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of promotion materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Microsoft or participant on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Microsoft which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program, Microsoft reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the program. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MICROSOFT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant redeeming Points based on an e-mail address, the redemption will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address listed in the participant’s user profile. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who meets the eligibility requirements under Section 2 above and is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Termination, Suspension or Modification of Microsoft Retail ExpertZone Program